Big smile

Thursday, September 27, 2007

We're Feeding Kira Gruel

Man, I feel sorry for Kira. We're just not doing the best job with this diet. We've stopped feeding Kira casein (well we're almost there). So we have so few food options and haven't taken the time to really figure out a solid GFCF diet. I guess that'll be my job for the weekend.

Today Kira ate:
Van's GF waffle with syrup
Yo baby Yogurt (once we're finished with yo baby we're moving onto Silk)
Rice, spinach
Dr. Praegers sweet potato (kiddie food)
A few bites of GF pancake
Bartlett pear. cantelope
Organic Rice Milk

I didn't give enough veggies and meat. I swear, if eliminatin casein doesn't produce any noticeable results in two weeks Im adding dairy back in.

3 comments:

N said...

don't worry, kids don't need as much variety as we do as adults 9only cause we get bored). She is eating healthy and that's what counts!

Unknown said...

lol.. I feel like I am doing the same with Austin. I was going to fix him some seasoned red potatoes last night with his meat but them I was using the entire oven for mine and DH's pasta and garlic bread so he had green beans again. I want to find these Dr. Praegers things; I have never seen them.

GFCF Mommy said...

You are too hard on yourself! Veggies are hard for all kids. Do you see a certain time of day that she eats more or might be open to more new things? When Eric was about 2, I'd give him "dinner" type foods for breakfast sometimes because he was always hungrier then. That seemed the best time to get a little meat or protein in him. I know it sounds weird. Just a thought.

Be nice to yourself. This diet is not easy, and if it doesn't work, that's totally ok too. It really is. Just do your best and know you are a great mom.

Katherine