Big smile

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Midweek mistake

I messed up bigtime today and fed Kira shrimp, and totally forgot it was a big allergen. 15 minutes after eating the shrimp and rash broke out around her neck. It went away soon after. I'm so mad at myself! Poor child can't even eat wheat, I will feel terrible if she can't eat shellfish because of my mistake!

Today Kira ate:
Fried egg, EnerG potato bread, olivio spread
Cantelope, banana
Risotto with peas and shrimp :(
Yo baby yogurt (I'm going to switch to soy soon)
Pirate's booty
Bartlett Pear
Spinach pancake (Dr. Praegers)
One bite of an Amy's Mexican Bowl (Hope she finishes rest tomorrow)
Rice Milk Organic

Even if I am messing up with her food I cannot deny that she is growing. She is HUGE. She is almost 13mo and 2T shirts are tight on her. It's so strange. I was a small baby and my husband was pretty average.

I ordered the book "Special Diets for Special Kids". I'm desperate for easy recipes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to check out Kimmy Krocker's grinch fries and mashed potatoes with veggies. I posted the link on my blog and maybe on our thread but here it is again. The potatoes seem really easy and yummy - not sure about Kira but Austin LOVES potatoes!
http://youtube.com/user/KimmyKrocker

N said...

I really need to go through that book. Its been sitting on my desk for weeks now.

When are you going to post pics of Kira? hehe I love chubby babies. I bet she's so adorable with all that pudge.

I meant to ask you, do the spinach pancakes say GF on them or did you just look at ingredients? I saw them the other day but box didn't say GF on it & I had to pee so I didn't have the patience to read through ingredients! LOL. But now I know where they are sold if those were them.