Big smile

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Kira's been in a great mood lately, very giggly and happy. No idea if its the diet or not, but I'll keep pressing on. This diet is getting a little easier with time. I realize that Kira will try new foods, but prefers that I mix them with rice. I feel strange mixing rice with a spinach pancake, but hey I'll do whatever it takes. Kira is a picky eater. I am excited to add two more dishes to her menu. She has tasted both of these and approves.

1) Macaroni and cheese with GF pasta. The recipe is simple and very tasty.

1/2 pound elbow GF macaroni (Bionare Brand is the best)
4 tablespoons butter
2 eggs
6 ounces evaporated milk
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
10 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded

In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta and drain. Return to the pot and melt in the butter. Toss to coat.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese. Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.

2) Baked potato with cheddar cheese and veggies

Just mash up a baked potato with a pinch of salt and steamed veggies of your choice and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.

5 comments:

N said...

I'll have to try that baked potato one!

N said...

yay pictures :)

tcd said...

I hate to say this, but watch out for the dry mustard. It may not be gluten free. Check www.gfcfdiet.org to see if it is on the list.

I'd like to invite you to visit my blog at gfcfexperience.blogspot.com. I hope I have some information that can be helpful to you. Just remember we are all in this together and we offer any support you need.

Thomas

GFCF Mommy said...

Kira is GORGEOUS! Love that smile!

Katherine

Unknown said...

You've been tagged. You're supposed to write 8 interesting or random things about yourself, and then ask 8 other bloggers to do the same. Have fun! :o)